2019 Yard Waste Program
In an effort to better serve you, effective Monday July 1, we will no longer offer on call Yard Waste Pick Up.
What does this mean for you?
2019 Yard Waste Club Options
- The season runs NOW through November 29th, 2019
- $100.00 Per Season with a $2.00 Per Bag outside of the cart
- $30.00 Per Season just Bags and $2.00 Per Bag
- Simply place the loose yard waste directly in the cart or in a Compostable Bag
- For our driver’s safety, additional yard waste in personal containers must be less then 30lbs
- In accordance to State Law, plastic bags will not be accepted
- Grass, leaves, small brush/branches and garden waste, including pumpkins, are allowed in the cart. Additional branches should be cut in lengths no more than 3 feet long and bundled no more than 18 inches in diameter and placed next to the cart. Branches up to 6 inches in diameter are accepted.
- Automatically scheduled for weekly service. Due to heavy volume, collection times may vary. To ensure collection have the cart street side by 4:30 a.m. on service day.
- Simply keep the cart in the off season; it makes a great storage container for lawn care items!
NOTICE: YARD WASTE PICK UP DAYS HAVE CHANGED
North of Lincoln Way is Serviced on FRIDAYS
South of Lincoln Way and All of NEVADA is Serviced on WEDNESDAYS
Contact CHITTY GARBAGE at 515.382.3808
Garbage and Recycling Services
We’ll take care of all your trash collection needs from Residential, Commercial and Demolition services. We are proud to serve Ames, Boone, Gilbert, Huxley, Kelley, Maxwell, Nevada, Slater and Story City communities. We also serve the rural areas of the above communities and also Cambridge, Collins, Colo and Roland rural areas too.
Our web site contains information on Rates & Extra Charges, make a Payment, Look Up Your Account Online, Sign Up for Automatic Payment with your Checking Account, check the Calendar for holiday schedule & up coming events or just send us your Comments.
Thank You to our customers who have supported us over the years. Without your support, we wouldn’t be here today. Again , THANK YOU!
Office Hours & Contact Info
Monday thru Thursday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays Closed
Customer Service: 515-382-3808
Commercial Service/Sales: 515-520-8900
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 29, Nevada, IA 50201-0029
Office Address: 67 N Ave, Nevada, IA 50201
HELP SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT! For yard waste use Biodegradable Paper Lawn Bags. You can get them at any hardware store. Plastic bags will not be accepted.
Save your MONEY! Pay your Residential Service One Year in Advance – if you pay your residential bill for one year in advance you will receive the 13th month FREE. Please place a note with payment to get proper credit. We are doing this to help you SAVE money and keep our cost down. (you could receive a bill sooner if you have any extra charges added or service rate changes)
TELL A FRIEND! Refer a friend or neighbor to sign up with CHITTY Garbage and you will receive a $10.00 credit towards your account. We require that the person signing up for service must tell us who referred them AT THE TIME THEY SIGN UP.
CHITTY Recycling is here! Contact our office to sign up for our Single Stream Recycling. The cost is $7.00 per month for this service. At this time we are offering this service to Ames & Nevada residents. Hope to expand this service to other cities in the future, please check back for future updates.
Click here for more information
HELP CURB CANCER with our PINK cart program. CHITTY Garbage is supporting the American Cancer Society awareness of Breast Cancer.
Setting Out Your Cart – Place at curb, keeping about 3 feet between other carts to enable our trucks to access them safelyand in a timely fashion. Ensure the front of the cart is facing toward the street.
Click here for more information!
8) Print out our Brochure Click Here
Came home from work last night to find my trashcan had been taken out by something. Woke up early this morning to head into work and found a new trashcan waiting for me! I didn’t even have a chance to call and let them know about the trashcan but seems they already had me covered.
Aaron Kassen reviewed Chitty Garbage Service Inc — 5 star
Bar none… the best service in town. I recommend them to all new homeowners I know, and those i don’t. Amazing customer service, fast, responsible and polite. They seem to hire people who are just as polite and amazing.
Integrity is what you do when you think no one is watching. Well I was watching and I’m impressed! I’ve watched them pick up garbage that blew all over…in the pouring rain.
I’ve watched them walk up and get my recycling when I forgot to put it out. Thank you!!!!