* LAST DAY YARD WASTE IS WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14TH, 2018 OR (FREEZING TEMPS OR SNOW FALL) *
PLASTIC BAGS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Use Biodegradable Paper Lawn Bags only
Yard Waste and Brush service is offered every Wednesday morning EARLY. (holiday schedule will be delay by 1 day)
- Call our office 515-382-3808 NO LATER than Tuesday by 4 p.m. SET YARD WASTE AT THE CURB ONLY!
- What is yard waste? Lawn clippings, outside flowers, garden plants, bushes, trees (not lumber), dirt, sod and leaves.
- GO GREEN – use Biodegradable Paper Lawn Bags – get them at any hardware store – PLASTIC BAGS NOT ACCEPTED
- To get the yard waste stickers, leave your check in an envelope and tape it on top of your trash can securely. On top the envelope, state for the driver how may yard waste stickers and where to place them so you’ll be able to locate them. (we cannot place yard waste stickers in the mail box – Federal Law)
For Brush we can take with yard waste pick up at curb; this is an extra charge. Brush needs to be bundled up in 5′ length by 2′ diameter, cost $5.00 per bundle.
The following are Do’s & Don’ts for yard waste:
- Buy yard waste stickers – $2.00/ea
- Set Yard waste at CURB the night before.
- Maximum weight per bag is 60LBS – BIODEGRADABLE PAPER LAWN BAGS – PLASTIC BAGS NOT ACCEPTED
- Call office NO LATER than Tuesday by 4 p.m.
- Do not mix trash with yard waste.
- Do not set in alley.
- Do not set next to trees or poles.
- Do not double bag yard waste.
- PLASTIC BAGS NOT ACCEPTED
If you don’t want to bag your yard waste – RENT a 96g cart for yard waste. It’s $2.00 rental per month and $5.00 per dump. Just like the bags you need to call in to our office no later than Tuesday by 4 p.m. to get on the yard waste list. Please set it out on the curb Tuesday night for Wednesday morning service.