Here you will find updates to any weather delays or closings!
WEEK OF 01-13-2020 – SOME OF OUR ROUTES WERE UNABLE TO RUN ON WEDNESDAY 01/15/2020 DUE TO THE FREEZING RAIN & ICE. WE ARE MAKING THESE UP THROUGH OUT THE REST OF THE WEEK. WITH THE INCOMING WEATHER ON FRIDAY 01/17/2020 WE ARE TRYING TO GET ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS SERVED IN A SAFE AND TIMELY MATTER. WE ARE TRYING TO GET EVERYONE SERVICED AND KEEP OUR DRIVERS SAFE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE DURING THESE WINTER STORMS.
Winter is on its way!
Just a friendly reminder – shoveling, sanding, and salting of enclosures, access roads, sidewalks, and paths will be needed by your maintenance teams.
**Our Chitty trucks weigh more then 36,000 pounds. These big trucks do not handle the snow and ice the same way as our personal vehicles. That is why we need your help to make certain that safety is always the first priority for everyone. The ice and snow can prevent us from accessing some alleys, roads, and parking lots as the potential for property damage or injury is too great. Here are some helpful steps that will make it easier to service your location on your scheduled service day!**
1. Make sure the drive is clear of snow and ice
2. Make sure enclosures are clear of snow and ice
3. If there is snow and ice built up in or around your enclosure and we have to push the container to service we will need the snow/ ice removed in order to safely move the container.
4. Doors on enclosures must fully open. This will provide clear access to your container and help eliminate any damage to the doors.
5. If your driver moves your container outside of the enclosure please remove any snow that is inside the enclosure before your next regularly scheduled service day. We may need to contact you and make arrangements if it is safer for your container to stay outside of the bin.
If we are unable to safely service your container or property with our trucks due to snow and ice, we will notify you that we were unable to service. Simply notify us as soon as the snow and ice has been removed and we can resume service on your next scheduled service day.
We thank you for your understanding and patience with us through the winter. With your help we can have a safe and wonderful winter!
MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE DELAYS AND CLOSURES. YOU CAN ALSO DOWNLOAD OUR NEW APP! GO TO CHITTYGARBAGE.COM FOR MORE INFORMATION
Your Chitty Garbage Team